• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quashing a warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gregcctrn

What is the name of your state? Washington, City of Redmond

I had placed a couple of posts over the weekend, and have been able to answer the a bit myself.
I found out this morning that I do have a warrant issued by the court in Redmond Washington, for violation of an order of Protection. I violated by making email and telephone contact. This goes back to 2002. I was told I could show up for open court and have it quashed, or a trial set. What would the opinion be, would it be quashed? The contact I made was very innocent in nature, nothing threatening or nasty in nature, more trying to resolve the ugliness of the situation. I realize that still violates the order, but I would think it would be looked upon a lot less severe than had I made threats of some type.

CdwJava

gregcctrn said:
What is the name of your state? Washington, City of Redmond

I had placed a couple of posts over the weekend, and have been able to answer the a bit myself.
I found out this morning that I do have a warrant issued by the court in Redmond Washington, for violation of an order of Protection. I violated by making email and telephone contact. This goes back to 2002. I was told I could show up for open court and have it quashed, or a trial set. What would the opinion be, would it be quashed? The contact I made was very innocent in nature, nothing threatening or nasty in nature, more trying to resolve the ugliness of the situation. I realize that still violates the order, but I would think it would be looked upon a lot less severe than had I made threats of some type.
It's preferable to keep all your posts in one place regarding the same incident ... as it is, I have no clue what your talking about.

In general, any contact in violation of a court order is going to be against the law and could result in an arrest warrant. I don't know how you'd have the warrant "quashed", though you might be able to get it withdrawn if you agree to appear.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">