• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage drinking?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Over the weekend, I was cited for underage drinking afterblowing a .003. The citation was given to me because an university officer saw an empty jello shot cup in my hand. The only drink I had. After blowing a .003 I was cited for underage. What should I do? To my understanding, my options are plead guilty, plead not guilty, or take a class that changes the underage drinking to disorderly conduct.

S

seniorjudge

654321 said:

Over the weekend, I was cited for underage drinking afterblowing a .003. The citation was given to me because an university officer saw an empty jello shot cup in my hand. The only drink I had. After blowing a .003 I was cited for underage. What should I do? To my understanding, my options are plead guilty, plead not guilty, or take a class that changes the underage drinking to disorderly conduct.
To my understanding, my options are plead guilty, plead not guilty, or take a class that changes the underage drinking to disorderly conduct.

You are correct.

O

OhBullship

Posted a response to the wrong poster. Edited to reflect reality. :D

Last edited:
C

cathybaers

Underage drinking

654321 said:

I will give you my legal opinion witout any feedback.Use it at your descriction.

In PA, UAD Citation is issued to anyone under the age of 21 who is caught consuming , transporting, purchasing, or attempting to purchase any alcoholic bev. It requires the issuing officer to contact your parents at the time of citation.
It is a Summary offense "Least Serious of criminal offenses. These are handled by duty magistrates.As per Sec 9124, Crim Code, summary offences can be used in consideration of acceptance or denial of state license. But it will not appear on any of your background checks as they are non fingerprintable offenses.
In my opinion and probably you will get is (ARD) Accelerated Rehab Disposition as it is a pretrial diversionary prog for summary offenders.

Good Luck

rmet4nzkx

You Are Guilty said:
I must be hanging around Rmet too much. If anyone cares where our nutjob friend cut-n-pasted her information from (verbatim, just changed the order), it's this website: http://www.iup.edu/healthawareness/infusion/impact.shtm

Funny how "real" lawyers would have known that answer without haivng to plagerize someone else's web page

:rolleyes:
Ahhhh YAG,
You don't think any of us were fooled by the difference between her posts and her cut and paste. I always cite attribution :D Thanks for going to the trouble to find it, isn't detective work fun?

Happy Trails

Good one YAG. Now one would think a lawyer would know where to look. :rolleyes:

From PA statutes:
§ 6308. Purchase, consumption, possession or transportation of liquor or malt or brewed beverages.
(a) Offense defined.--A person commits a summary offense if he, being less than 21 years of age, attempts to purchase, purchases, consumes, possesses or knowingly and intentionally transports any liquor or malt or brewed beverages, as defined in section 6310.6 (relating to definitions). For the purposes of this section, it shall not be a defense that the liquor or malt or brewed beverages was consumed in a jurisdiction other than the jurisdiction where the citation for underage drinking was issued.

(b) Penalty.--In addition to the penalty imposed pursuant to section 6310.4 (relating to restriction of operating privileges), a person convicted of violating subsection (a) may be sentenced to pay a fine of not more than $500 for the second and each subsequent violation.

(c) Preadjudication disposition.-

When a person is charged with violating subsection (a), the district justice may admit the offender to the adjudication alternative as authorized in 42 Pa.C.S. ¤ 1520 (relating to adjudication alternative program) or any other preadjudication disposition if the offender has not previously received a preadjudication disposition for violating subsection (a).
The use of a preadjudication disposition shall be considered a first or subsequent offense, whichever is applicable, for the purpose of further adjudication under this section or under section 6310.4.

(d) Notification.--The police department making an arrest for a suspected violation of subsection (a) shall so notify the parents or guardian of the minor charged.

Last edited:
O

OhBullship

rmet4nzkx said:
I'm sipping on a sparkling organic Mexican Limeaide right now, will that do?
As long as it doesn't contain soy I'll take some. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">