• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I GIVE mobile home to park?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state?Florida
I own a mobile home on a rented lot in a park. I will be moving as soon as my husband gets his worker's comp. settlement. Like alot of the homes here, my home was severely damaged by last year's hurricanes. My home needs a new roof (it leaks like a sieve) and is filled with mold, but we have continued living in it because we had no choice.
The mobile home is fixable, although it would cost more to fix than it is worth.

Now to my question- a neighbor told me that LEGALLY I can just sign the title over to the park when I move. He said that they could then fix it, sell it, rent it, use it for extra park storage, or take pieces of it to fix other park owned mobiles. He also said that if they choose to have it hauled out, they cannot go after me for the cost, because they will be the owners.

I don't know if he is correct or not, and I haven't decided what to with my mobile yet, but I'm wondering if it would be LEGAL for me to just sign over the title or not.

I'm not asking about the moral part of it, only the legality of doing so.
Thanks
Gracie :confused:

PghREA

If the mobile home park wants your home, you can sign it over. If they do not want it, you will need to dispose of it.

Gracie3787

I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't real clear in my question.
What my neighbor was talking about is not asking the park, but simply giving them title without asking if they want it or not. Sort of like, surprise- the park now owns another mobile home.
I'm asking if that would be legal or not.
Gracie

PghREA

Gracie3787 said:
I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't real clear in my question.
What my neighbor was talking about is not asking the park, but simply giving them title without asking if they want it or not. Sort of like, surprise- the park now owns another mobile home.
I'm asking if that would be legal or not.
Gracie

When you sign a title/deed over to someome, that someone has to sign that they accept it. Until the person your giving it to signs, it is still yours.
And suprise - If they don't want it, they will tell you to move it, right quick!
You can just leave a big hunk of metal on someone else's land.
So the legal part would be the courts telling you to move it or paying to have it disposed of plus court costs. Walking into the management office and slapping down the title on the desk and saying "It's yours." is not going to let you off the hook.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">