• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Turning myself in

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clh0723

What is the name of your state? GA
I am getting ready to tuen myself in for warrants that I was unaware of. They were discovered by my employer through a background check. I called to find out the charges and the bond amounts. They said that I have 3 charges for prescription fraud and that the bond has been set on 2 of them, but 1 has yet to be set. Can anyone tell me why the bond is not set for one of the charges? I have never been in trouble before and I plan on pleading for 1st time offender. Thanks for your help. I just want to know what to expect. My job is holding my position for 14 days and they still want me to work there. Thanks.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

clh0723 said:
What is the name of your state? GA
I am getting ready to tuen myself in for warrants that I was unaware of. They were discovered by my employer through a background check. I called to find out the charges and the bond amounts. They said that I have 3 charges for prescription fraud and that the bond has been set on 2 of them, but 1 has yet to be set. Can anyone tell me why the bond is not set for one of the charges? I have never been in trouble before and I plan on pleading for 1st time offender. Thanks for your help. I just want to know what to expect. My job is holding my position for 14 days and they still want me to work there. Thanks.

My response:

Let's look at the practicalities of your decision. First, why make it easy on the police? You know you're eventually going to get caught, and the punishment will be the same whether you turn yourself in or let yourself be caught.

So, since you're going to be caught eventually, why not make it exciting, and something you can tell your grandchildren about? I'm talking about a police chase! There's nothing like screaming down the freeways at 110 to 120 miles per hour or more, and tear through city streets, and then back into the hills on some cliff roadways!

Have fun with your final days of freedom, and give yourself something to brag about!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">