• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Requesting Suggestion. Interesting Scenario. Deposit Contract etc.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Phishs

A friend(Friend A) of mine has been put into an interesting situation. He's moving into another friend(Friend B)'s parent's house for a period of 4months without rent. The parent's who do not know Friend A all that well have required a thousand dollar deposit to ensure he does not steal, vandalize, etc. any of the property he'd have access to.

Friend A would be giving near strangers one thousand dollars with no insurance that the money would be returned at the end of the "rental" period.

Any ideas on where I could find information about a contract regarding this interesting of a situation?

BradleyS

I would think both parties would want to have a LEASE agreement.

Friend A, Friend B, 'Friend C(YOU), and Owners A will be posting back in 4 months if a signed agreement is not made.

nextwife

Friend A is getting FREE use of a place for 4 months and HE'S concerned about trusting these "virtual strangers" with $1000 to guaranty condition?

I agree they need an agreement, but is seems like a lot of chutzpa to say "I'll take the free rent, and YOU can trust me with your place, but I can't trust you because you are virtual strangers".

THe owners have way more to lose than $1000 if he trashes the place. They don't know him, either.

A

absconder

Hey! Ask these folks if they have room for 1 more? I knows a good deal when I sees 1. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">