• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motorcycle theft covered by renters ins.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amclint

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I had a motorcycle stolen from property covered by my renters insurance. The insurance company says it isn't covered due to the clause below. I am trying to find out if it is possible to dispute this due to the policy not giving a detailed explanation of the term "service of the insured premesis" in the below excerpt. The motorcycle was listed with the state as out of service and was intentionally not licensed for road use. Any input is appreciated, thank you.

"Personal Property Not Covered:
c. land motor vehicles or motor propelled vehicles or machines, whether assembled or unassembled, including their equipment and accessories. We do cover those motorized land conveyances designed for assisting the handicapped or used solely for the service of the insured premesis and not licensed for road use;"

claimlaw

"used solely for the service of the insured premises AND not licensed for road use." An example of this would be a four wheel ATV used to carry fence posts or mulch out to the back forty.

Whose motorcycle was this? If it was borrowed, it may be covered. Othewise I cannot think of any circumstance where it would be covered.

Yes I can. If the motocycle was not working and was for example, a restoration or repair project, it is considered a content item not a motorvehicle - so long as it is not required by your state to be licensed.

Claimlaw

A

absconder

If my car gets stolen will renters insurance cover it? Instead of $150 a month I think Ill only pay $23 for renters insurance. Let me know when you find a company that does that pleeez. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">