• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am i in trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gatorlinx

What is the name of your state? virginia
a friend of mine was recently arrested by dea on drug charges. he knows some pretty incriminating stuff on me. my question is can the feds charge me with something based on hearsay. his word against mine? what should i expect i know he ratted me out, spilled his guts. he's being held in a fed detention center for a week now with no bond

A

absconder

Common sense would tell a person to get rid of everything illegal in or on or near you or your dwelling, car etc..................and stop being stupid. The rest is out of your hands.

gatorlinx

common sense

wow! now that's good advice! common sense would tell you to read the question. CAN THE DEA USE HEARSAY EVIDENCE TO ARREST OR EVEN QUESTION SOMEONE? what's so hard to answer about that? whether you think i'm stupid or lack common sense is not the issue. i hope you're not an attorney absconder because you will never win many cases with that attitude. so...............stop being stupid and just answer the questions people ask, is that so difficult?

BelizeBreeze

gatorlinx said:
wow! now that's good advice! common sense would tell you to read the question. CAN THE DEA USE HEARSAY EVIDENCE TO ARREST OR EVEN QUESTION SOMEONE? what's so hard to answer about that? whether you think i'm stupid or lack common sense is not the issue. i hope you're not an attorney absconder because you will never win many cases with that attitude. so...............stop being stupid and just answer the questions people ask, is that so difficult?
With friends like that......
OH HELL! the answer is yes. IT happens every day. And it's called CI (confidential informant) so start bending exercises.

smutlydog

gatorlinx said:
What is the name of your state? virginia
a friend of mine was recently arrested by dea on drug charges. he knows some pretty incriminating stuff on me. my question is can the feds charge me with something based on hearsay. his word against mine? what should i expect i know he ratted me out, spilled his guts. he's being held in a fed detention center for a week now with no bond
The burden of proof is very low when it comes to federal drug charges.

If more than one person that has been arrested says the exact same thing about you then that's enough to indict you on federal drug conspiracy charges. That’s my understanding of how it works but I am not a legal expert Do some searches on the internet to find out more.

Last edited:

You Are Guilty

gatorlinx said:
Contrary to all the stupid people here (that you already noted), I disagree. The DEA must have rock-solid proof beyond a reasonable doubt to "question" you. That includes pictures, IR images, satellite photos, tape recordings, video and a sworn and notarized statement from your clergyman that he witnessed you commit the act in his presence.

Now that I've answered your question, maybe you can answer one of mine: are all druggies as dumb as you, or are you not representative of the class?

gatorlinx

i love criticism

thanks to all for the advice, sorry if some of you didn't like the question. i'm not familiar with federal laws. i felt it was a resonable question, that's all that matters to me. in reply to the "senior member" question "are all druggies as dumb as you". i wouldn't know, i'm not a druggie. i simply did a favor for someone i thought was a friend. actually, it was over 3 months ago and he just got taken into custody in the last couple of weeks. i have two successful buisnesses and don't have the time to waste on posting 2000 q&a's. what's the point in insulting someone you don't even know? i guess that's where you get your cheap thrills. it's sad. i hope you can get a life sometime. try going out and gettin laid. you probably just need a little excitement in your poor little life. i've gotta go, i'll make sure and use my phone call on you :D :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">