• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

50/50 split

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rbx

What is the name of your state? IL

How does 50/50 split effect child support payments? For the past 11years I’ve supporting my children (2) without the courts and I have equal responsibility with them. This was a (mom/dad) agreement. Heck I even moved closer to them so we (the kids) can hang out more. Well recently the courts start making me pay $$$$. She went for help from the state because of her other child and they automatically placed my kids in the pot. Why? I have no idea. I don’t have to pay any back CS, thank God. They are at my house an awful lot. Heck they only live ½ mile down the street. Am I entitled to any type of joint custody?

1.) Why am I paying all this money to her when I see them almost just as much as she sees them.
2.) How does joint custody effect child support payments.
3.) I’m afraid that one day she’ll get a wild idea or mad and say I can’t see them.

LdiJ

rbx said:
What is the name of your state? IL

How does 50/50 split effect child support payments? For the past 11years I’ve supporting my children (2) without the courts and I have equal responsibility with them. This was a (mom/dad) agreement. Heck I even moved closer to them so we (the kids) can hang out more. Well recently the courts start making me pay $$$$. She went for help from the state because of her other child and they automatically placed my kids in the pot. Why? I have no idea. I don’t have to pay any back CS, thank God. They are at my house an awful lot. Heck they only live ½ mile down the street. Am I entitled to any type of joint custody?

1.) Why am I paying all this money to her when I see them almost just as much as she sees them.
2.) How does joint custody effect child support payments.
3.) I’m afraid that one day she’ll get a wild idea or mad and say I can’t see them.
1. Because she is low enough income that she qualifies for assistance, and apparently needs it.

2. The parent with the higher income generally still pays some child support.

3. If that happens you can file for a set schedule.

rbx

LdiJ said:
1. Because she is low enough income that she qualifies for assistance, and apparently needs it.

2. The parent with the higher income generally still pays some child support.

3. If that happens you can file for a set schedule.

For NO.1...Someone needs to quit popping out children because as I remember. She was doing fine when there were just (2) which are mine. If you can't afford them then don't have them. Also getting a job would be nice. I've even tried pointing her in the right direction for that. Also tell her husband to keep a job and quit hanging in the streets. Don't get me wrong he is a nice guy but he's gotta go to work. Also.......Never mind. The point is I feel no sympathy in this area. IMHO Its self inflicted.

As for No. 2, I can understand that and can't argue it. But the amount per month is adjusted based on 50/50 split. True or False

As for No.3 What is a set schedule?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">