• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Someone please give me some insight

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sp1der

I am located in Texas.

I have read several other posts in regards to this but would like a little more info.

Here is the situation and I will make an extremely long story as short as possible. Basically, my ex-wife is angry at me because I was trying to get custody of my son. I tried to bargain with her to avoid going to court. I even told her she wouldn't have to pay child support but she got angry at me. I wanted custody of him because I was worried about his well being because of instances that lead me to beleive she is an unsafe,abusive and unfit mother. I called CPS because of a rather large bruise on my son's face of which he said was caused by her being angry at him. Well, CPS starts to investigate and next thing you know, she has convinced them that I am abusing my son in a sexual manner. Obviously, while this is going on I can not see my son. I am not too worried about the outcome of me because I know I'm innocent, what I am worried about is the fact that untill this is no billed, he will still be in her custody and there is no telling what she is telling him or what is going on over there.

I had to do a walk through and paid my bond so now I am waiting on a no bill. What is the exact process of the Grand Jury? I have read somewhere that the DA does not have to present the case to the Grand Jury if they do not want to and that it can last up to 5 years before it is no billed. Is this true? Is there no time frame that they must go by? So far I have not seen my son in over 6 months and would be grateful if someone could help me to know what to expect.

I do have an attorney but I can never get a straight answer out of him and it is hard to reach him by phone.

In advance, thanks for you help in this matter.

signat

sp1der said:
I am located in Texas.

I have read several other posts in regards to this but would like a little more info.

Here is the situation and I will make an extremely long story as short as possible. Basically, my ex-wife is angry at me because I was trying to get custody of my son. I tried to bargain with her to avoid going to court. I even told her she wouldn't have to pay child support but she got angry at me. I wanted custody of him because I was worried about his well being because of instances that lead me to beleive she is an unsafe,abusive and unfit mother. I called CPS because of a rather large bruise on my son's face of which he said was caused by her being angry at him. Well, CPS starts to investigate and next thing you know, she has convinced them that I am abusing my son in a sexual manner. Obviously, while this is going on I can not see my son. I am not too worried about the outcome of me because I know I'm innocent, what I am worried about is the fact that untill this is no billed, he will still be in her custody and there is no telling what she is telling him or what is going on over there.

I had to do a walk through and paid my bond so now I am waiting on a no bill. What is the exact process of the Grand Jury? I have read somewhere that the DA does not have to present the case to the Grand Jury if they do not want to and that it can last up to 5 years before it is no billed. Is this true? Is there no time frame that they must go by? So far I have not seen my son in over 6 months and would be grateful if someone could help me to know what to expect.

I do have an attorney but I can never get a straight answer out of him and it is hard to reach him by phone.

In advance, thanks for you help in this matter.

I believe, technically a DA has to be ready for trial no later than six months after the arrest. So, I would expect a grand jury to return an indictment or no true bill before then. But there are legal arguments the DA can make to extend this time period if the circumstances permit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">