• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can't use deeded right of way for "heavy equipment".

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mydentguy

What is the name of your state? Maine

I just bought 45 acres in Maine with deeded right of way through another property from the town road. About 600 feet is already a gravel road and then it turns, and my right of way goes straight through thick woodland for another 600 feet. Another land owner shares this, and has continued right of way through my land as well. All three parcels are part of a sub division. "Joe" owns the land the first 1200 feet of this right of way crosses. He's been a good guy and helped me clear brush overgrowing the first 600 feet. When I started cutting the trees on the second 600 foot leg, I realized it is too much work for me, and told him I would like to hire some pulp wood/firewood cutters to do the work, and asked for his input. Among other things he advised me that; "My road is not good enough for heavy equipment. Unless they are willing to upgrade they can not use it. " Once I get through his 600 feet, I still have 2,400 feet to cut down to the river on my own land! It's a six hour drive to there from where I live in Boston. I'll be dead before I cut all that alone. Can he tell me what I can and can't drive through this right of way? My deed says;

ALSO HEREBY CONVEYING a right of way for all purposes of a way in common with others over land now or formerly of (John Doe) leading from a westerly, yada yada... For further reference to the above described parcel and the right of ways, see a Standard Boundary Survey entitled "Subdivision of Land in Addison Maine Washington County prepared for (John Doe) dated 1991. so on and so forth.

Thanks for any help in advance. By the way, I was an admisitrator on a paintless dent repair forum for years, helping newbies learn, and this one is great. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">