• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dad broke ankle (what is going to happen)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brokenankle

What is the name of your state? wi
I was told I should post in this fourm. It was posted in the homeowners insurance forum.

My dad came over to my house to help me fix a dish on my roof. I climed up on the ladder and he repositioned the ladder and followed. The ladder then slipped and he fell. He broke his ankle in 3 places. Now he has good medical insurance and I have homeowners.

I have a few questions.

He now got a sheet to fill out from his medical insurance company asking where the accident occured. He is going to put my address down as the location. What is going to happen now. Is his iinsurance going to stop paying until it can decide if it is my fault? What will happen with my home owners insurance?

We are close so I don't see him personally suing me so if it is handled by the insurance companies - what affect will it - if any - be on our lives.

He is doing well and will have a walking cast in a few weeks

thanks for all your opinions..

brokenankle

jity

Most likely it will be medical insurance company against homeowner insurance policy.

But if he agrees not to hold you accountable he could loose his medical benefits. Gotta love America, the courts, and the insurance companies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">