• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

liability option

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mydentguy

What is the name of your state? Maine

I have large area of woodland I want to let some one/s clear for me in exchange for whatever they can sell the wood for. All I want is a cleared area.
It seems my new neighbor whom I have a right of way across his land is going to give me a hard time about letting heavy equipment in there. Therefore I might end up using a smaller company, woodsman, chances are they won't have liability insurance. Short of burning the place down I don't see much they could do wrong, other than get hurt on my land. If I have the person doing the work sign a letter we draw up together saying that he is responsible for his own well being while working on my land, am I covered against being sued should he drop a tree on himself, or get hurt in some other way? Thanks for any help.

jity

mydentguy said:
What is the name of your state? Maine

I have large area of woodland I want to let some one/s clear for me in exchange for whatever they can sell the wood for. All I want is a cleared area.
It seems my new neighbor whom I have a right of way across his land is going to give me a hard time about letting heavy equipment in there. Therefore I might end up using a smaller company, woodsman, chances are they won't have liability insurance. Short of burning the place down I don't see much they could do wrong, other than get hurt on my land. If I have the person doing the work sign a letter we draw up together saying that he is responsible for his own well being while working on my land, am I covered against being sued should he drop a tree on himself, or get hurt in some other way? Thanks for any help.
I would highly recommend that you would higher a company that provides insurance for the damages that they have the potential to cause.

He said burn it down So did your house and your neighbors house, etc..... Or be cheap – it’s a gamble.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">