• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowners Claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joogs005

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?I am the Administrator for an estate in Pennsylvania. I have a real estate property that I am in the process of selling and the property was recently vandalized and there was extensive water damage to the property. Are the proceeds I may receive from the homeowners insurance claim become an estate asset?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

joogs005 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?I am the Administrator for an estate in Pennsylvania. I have a real estate property that I am in the process of selling and the property was recently vandalized and there was extensive water damage to the property. Are the proceeds I may receive from the homeowners insurance claim become an estate asset?

My response:

Yes, but only for purposes of repairing the home belonging to the Estate. In other words, if actual cash is realized (highly doubtful), that money is not to be distributed; rather, the damages must be repaired - - which is your job to make sure that happens.

IAAL

joogs005

Pennsylvania: I am the Administrator for an estate in Pennsylvania. I have a real estate property that I am in the process of selling and the property was recently vandalized and there was extensive water damage to the property. Are the proceeds I may receive from the homeowners insurance claim become an estate asset?[/QUOTE]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">