• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor keeps cutting down my trees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spidercrt

What is the name of your state? PA

I have planted dogwood trees about 5 feet from the property line every spring for the past 3 years. This is the third year in a row that they have been cut about two inches from the ground. I don't have any proof, but i know my neighbor is the one responsible for it. Can I call the police on her?

Do I have to catch her on tape for anything to be done about it? I have a feeling that the police are going to laugh about it. Dogwood trees are expensive and I know they are going to tell me to just quit planting them.

FarmerJ

Invest in the equipment you need to record the area , vid cams are alot cheaper than what they used to be . unless you have visual proof of who is actually cutting them down the police wont listen to you .

BelizeBreeze

spidercrt said:
What is the name of your state? PA

I have planted dogwood trees about 5 feet from the property line every spring for the past 3 years. This is the third year in a row that they have been cut about two inches from the ground. I don't have any proof, but i know my neighbor is the one responsible for it. Can I call the police on her?

Do I have to catch her on tape for anything to be done about it? I have a feeling that the police are going to laugh about it. Dogwood trees are expensive and I know they are going to tell me to just quit planting them.
Planting poison ivy around the trees might be a little more fun ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">