• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Encroachment on my neighbors property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LITTLE RED

What is the name of your state?SC
I bought a property 3 yrs ago. No Survey was done because the mortgage company didn't require one. I have title insurance and a warranty deed.
This is a mobile home on a permanant foundation and was put on this property in 1997. We bought this house in 2002 with the idea that we had an oversized lot that butted up against a right-a-way. Now I find out the owner of the property is trying to sell it and had it surveyed and found that
my driveway and fence is 16 ft over into his property. IF I give up the drive way and move the fence his line will be at the corner of my house with about 6 inches between. The subdivision that I live in had restrictions that your house has to be 9ft on both side to the property line...

Can't I go back to the orginal owners that bought and set up the mobile home on the lot wrong? Can I go to Company that set the house up? Can I go to the fence company that installed the fence? Can I go to the realtor for misreprensentation ? Can I go back to the Mortgage company that had foreclosed on the property and whom I purchased it from? Someone has to be responsible and its not going to be me... I'm as much a victum as the guy that owns the land that I'm encroaching on. WHAT CAN I DO?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">