• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help before someone get trashed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jschavel

What is the name of your state? South Carolina
I have two neighbors who have no respect for others. The one immediatley next door does serious auto engine work in his driveway and across the street at the other problem neighbors yard. I'm talking about switching motors and things. I called Code Enforcement last summer (2004) and they came out but he still continues. The smell of car oil is so bad on hot days I can't keep my windows open. . Also, he seems to think that revving his engine EXTREMELY loud is acceptable. My husband and I have spoke with him about this nuisance to no avail. We have a 2 mon old who is constantly scared awake or awaken by him or his guests who do this. Now the ones across the street are actually renting. It is a single family home ( two stories) but the landlord seems to be renting it to two (2) different individuals, one family downstairs, and a single man upstairs I believe. I was told that was only legal if their are two seperate doors. This home has two doors, a front door and back door! The problem is the landlord has primered the privacy fence white so it brings a sense of ugliness to the surrounding neighbors, and a peice of the fence (up until my husband set it up again) was in another neighbors yard. This is very dangerous because alot of children play near there including mine, and I fear that they may enter the back yard and get hurt on some of the trash their in the process of cleaning. They have rented a dump bin and began to remove the tin-roofed shed and various other garbage, ( leaving broken sheetwall, ceramic glass, and other trash in the yard and in the street that I personnaly cleaned up because I was tired of it blowing into my yard and seeing it all over the street. What can the other neighbors and I do to have this problem rectified immediatley? I'm running short of patience and can not move elsewhere at this time. So if I have to live here I would like the same courtesy I extend to them returned ( and I know that may be difficult). Thank you and I'm very eager for any advice you can give. Jenn

John Se

Car's are america's hobby

What's your beef with car guys, making friends with gear heads could be of benefit to you.

A

absconder

Yea its busy bodies like this that give neighbors a bad name. Live your own life and leave others alone.

crowbone

In no particular order of importance, but a coupla observations:

1)Reading your post, I hear banjo music.

2)Motorheads (cars and/or motorcycles) are GREAT as long as you don't live anywhere near them.

3)You need to keep track of your children so they aren't playing among the rusty nails.

4)Unless you are able/willing to hire an ($)attorney($) who will $ue them so hard it will hurt their great great grandpa, either move or join a biker gang.

5)You are gonna have a fight on your hands,

6) Seriously.

jschavel

First and formost, I don't know if you think I'm some sort of back-woods, cousin-dating hick who lets HER children run wild in the streets, but you are mistaken. I keep a very watchful eye on my children as well as those who do not belong to me. I feel compelled to ensure that the area were children walk to and from school, play with their friends and pets, or other residents just taking an evening walk can feel that they won't run into torn apart sheet metal laying around the PUBLIC street, or kids (who more common than adults, let's say fall off their bikes or trip while running won't get a serious cut or laceration from the broken beer bottle the neighbor for a lack of better words thinks it's NO BIG DEAL. Code enforcement obiviosly could care less or else I would be seeking advice from this place. I don't think theres one thing wrong with people doing simple auto repair in the privacy of their own yard, but when it begins to hinder the value of living to others it needs to be stopped. These people like you could care less about others and the quality of life. I'm not sure about you but my mortgage is not cheap, it is expensive to take care of my property and I do it all to better the quality of my life and respect the lives of others. So next time when you want to give out advice to someone in my sitution don't bother, I could just imagine how your treat your property. PS DADS A MOTORHEAD! THEY ROCK OUT!

Shel77

Does he fix cars in his yard as a business? You may be able to have something done with the code inforcement on that. Also if your city code officer won't help try calling and speaking to the county I had the same issue and city code was useless so after a few calls to the county and state it was amazing the things that got taken care of. For all those who live in an HOA comunity and complain, see it could be worse!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">