• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

l hope some one know what i'm talking about

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

angi71

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? california
where can i find case law about sucessfully defending against the charge of
wanton disreguard for public saftey?

O

OhBullship

angi71 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? california
where can i find case law about sucessfully defending against the charge of
wanton disreguard for public saftey?
This might work better if you tell us what happened.

Happy Trails

OhBullship said:
This might work better if you tell us what happened.
#1 03-24-2005, 03:58 PM
angi71
Junior Member Join Date: Mar 2005

so how screwd is he????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state?california

#1-is harder to convict someone of wanton disreguard for public saftey, if the passenger made statments that driver was laying on the horn ,coming to a crawl if not a complete stop at all intersections,

#2-had no brakes, intentionally rolled the car in to soft dirt on a dead end street in a indusrtial area so driver could stop the car?
driver was in fear for his safety ,fled out of duress ( prior threats and ass whippings by the cops. )

#3- is it normal for cops to leave information out of a report that would contradict what they charged driver with?

dont get me wrong, he ran. I'm not trying to say he didnt,
he has a prior criminal record, but he has done his time for his past mistakes and poor choices.

From link: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=233333

angi71

its a long & boaring story

what i 'm trying to find out is ,what facts or eliments need to be proven, in order to convict someone of wanton direguard for public saftey,I would like to know of any cases that a defendant was found not guilty ,or the case was dismissed ,and on what basis the court made its ruling.

O

OhBullship

angi71 said:
what i 'm trying to find out is ,what facts or eliments need to be proven, in order to convict someone of wanton direguard for public saftey,I would like to know of any cases that a defendant was found not guilty ,or the case was dismissed ,and on what basis the court made its ruling.
I'm not in the mood to try to drag this out of you.

You can search for cases at www.findlaw.com

angi71

i know about findlaw,

i know about findlaw , i want to know where do i look exactly ,what do i put in the little box titled "search" for example -would i type "caselaw"or how to
ask a question of someone who just isnt in the mood to give a helpful answer?

O

OhBullship

angi71 said:
i know about findlaw , i want to know where do i look exactly ,what do i put in the little box titled "search" for example -would i type "caselaw"or how to
ask a question of someone who just isnt in the mood to give a helpful answer?
Type in "wanton disregard for public safety" and put in your area then search cases and codes and start reading.

There is no way anyone is going to go through every possible scenario with you if you aren't willing to tell the story of what happened. If you want helpful information you need to give a little more information.

angi71

angi71 said:
i know about findlaw , i want to know where do i look exactly ,what do i put in the little box titled "search" lets say,for example -would i type "caselaw" or maybe " how to ask a question of someone who just isnt in the mood to give a helpful answer?"
Do Unto Others ;)

O

OhBullship

angi71 said:
Do Unto Others ;)
Well I sure would not be dumb enough to expect others to 'do unto me' what I'm not willing to do for myself. If you cannot even tell the details of what happened what makes you think anyone will want to research every incident of wanton disregard for public safety until they stumble on one that resembles your situation?

angi71

well excuse me for asking for advice

I understand that your grumpy, and maybe even a little burnt out, but unless you like being talked to like a jerk ,then dont reply like one.Remember "it simply isn't that difficult"
defenses for wanton disreguard,and some case law.thanks (other than findlaw)please.

Veronica1228

angi71 said:
I understand that your grumpy, and maybe even a little burnt out, but unless you like being talked to like a jerk ,then dont reply like one.Remember "it simply isn't that difficult"
defenses for wanton disreguard,and some case law.thanks (other than findlaw)please.
She asked you nicely for more information, you ignored her request, and yet you are surprised that she got angry? Look lady, we don't offer advice for our health. If you want advice we we will give it to you, but only if we know what to advise on. We speak in specifics here not generalities.

The only one being a jerk here is you.

panzertanker

angi71 said:
The top your web browser page should say "Free Advice" with a cute little bubble in between it....

This is a free advice forum. You failed to supply any details, so your advice from everyone here is:
"Go to findlaw.com and look it up yourself."
No one but you is acting like a jerk. As you quote Ohbullship's signature "it simply isn't that difficult", you should heed those words. It simply isn't that difficult for you to supply details so help can be offered. Or maybe it is.....

When you supply more details, maybe some of us "grumpy, burnt out" people will help you.
Maybe.
:D

O

OhBullship

angi71 said:
No one can tell you about defenses without knowing everything involved. No one is going to sort through thousands of cases and go over each of them with you one at a time.

Why is it so difficult to tell us what happened? Why are you expecting everyone to work harder for your problems than you are willing to work for it?

This isn't being grumpy but I can show you what being 'grumpy' really means if you would like.

CdwJava

Since there is no general crime of "wanton disregard for public safety" in CA, I can only assume he has been charged with one of a number of reckless driving statutes and, perhaps, felony evasion. That being the case, statements by the driver and any passengers are relevant to establish intent.

Also, if he had no brakes, then how could he come to a complete stop at intersections while he was laying on the horn. And even pausing at intersections is not likely to absolve one of the felony charge of evasion.

The driver's actions put the public at risk. Fortunately for him, CA is VERY soft on evasion. And in the "poor timing" department, if he had waited a few months he could have run and nobody would chase him as CA is about to enact what will essentially be a no pursuit law ... what fun that's gonna be!

#3- is it normal for cops to leave information out of a report that would contradict what they charged driver with?
Like ... what?

dont get me wrong, he ran. I'm not trying to say he didnt,
he has a prior criminal record, but he has done his time for his past mistakes and poor choices.
And with any luck, he'll do some more time. But this is CA. If nobody was hurt he'll likely do county time with probation.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">