• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Utility Company seeks Right of Way...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luettgen

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

The local electric utility company needs access to their high voltage towers that span my property. They need to construct a rough access road of some 1500 feet for their vehicles to work the towers. This essentially will lengthen the existing "road" (Right of Way) and necessitates the cutting of timber such as scrub pine, scrub oak and birch to create the road. The property is essentially unreclaimed strip mining land and is unimproved. I am asking them to leave the felled timber behind for my use and am asking for a nominal sum of money for their increased right of way. Should the utility company be providing me a contract of some sort or should I offer a contract to protect my interests and liability?

BelizeBreeze

They will have a standard contract used for this sort of thing. When you receive it take it to an attorney and explain what you want from the utility company to make sure it is included.

Also, tell your attorney to add his fees to the contract that the Utility company will be responsible for.

luettgen

Thanks BBreeze...

Always good advice from you. Please check out my oher postings, (1) in Civil Litigation and (1) in Starting and Operating a Business. Could use your input in both cases. Thanks for the support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">