• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Passport Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gugan

What is the name of your state? NJ

I need to apply for a passport, but 5 years ago I stole 1000 from a gas station that I worked at, I recently turned myself in and the only thing the judge had me due was pay the owner back in installments. I only have 400 left to pay him back, Can I apply for a passport now, or do I have to wait until its all paid off. The judge told me when it's paid off he will drop the charges... Even when it is all paid off will I be denied a passport because of my prior theft charge? Also the judge never mentioned anything about parole ( I live in a diferent state now), Does that mean I will NOT be on parole, or is it possible for him to put me on parole once I paid it all? I'm very confused...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">