• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Urgent!! Barking Dog Citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Richard W

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

I am going to court today to fight a Barking Dog ticket I received. I do not believe it was my dog. The officer noted three different times they heard the dog barking, once for six minutes, once for five minutes and one for thirty minutes, each a different day. My back yard backs up to FOUR other backyards (each have dogs). How do they know which dog is barking? WHat is considered a nuisance or excessive?

Any help on how to defend myself would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

ENASNI

Well

Well Richard.
Here is the deal... You do need to face a few facts, I will say this with a smile and tell you I am a dog owner and dog lover so you will not be offended okay... :)
Your dog is a barker.
If the the other neighbors have dogs, they must be complaining about yours because yours is the problem.
Were you home at the times the dog was noted to be barking? How do you know he/she was not ?
Sometimes there needs to be an officer that actually needs to witness the barking, if this is true.. that would be hard to fight.

If the dogs are all so close together, its pretty sure any activity of the others may be riling up yours.
You had better start researching anti-bark methods.. Use a search engine.

And Richard... 30 minutes of incesant barking is considered a nuisance... don't ya think... even 7 minutes in my book would make me barking-mad! :p
How to fight the ticket... um... you can try the arguement of the other neighbor's dogs... but methinks all of them got together to help shut up your pooch...
Good luck with that.

Richard W

Alright Enasni. I happen to misread the citations.

1. The longest that my dog was noted to be barking was actually TEN
minutes by an officer. It was my neighbor (one neighbor - not plural) that
was complaining about my dog barking for thirty minutes (where you got
the group thing I have know idea). Evidently the other three neighbors
with dogs understand that dogs do bark at times. If his dog barks ONE time
he's out there bringing his dog in. WHy have a dog if that's the way your
going to treat them. WHy do you for that matter IF that's the way you
think dogs are to be treated. GET A CAT.

2. Not everything people say is true. Even if they are an officer.
(Is everything your ex-hubby says about you true?) I had one piece of
paper from animal services that said I would look into getting a bark colar
when I contacted them. I have a second piece of paper from animal
services (the same day) saying I wasn't willing to do anything. Idiots.

3. Dogs are entitled to bark some. THEY'RE DOGS! ALthough I might be
saying something after thirty minutes of the stuff myself (my friends know
I don't put up with that crap, not even from my own dogs).

4. I just got back and got my case dismissed. BECAUSE THEY WERE WRONG!!!

So, I'm not trying to be a sh#tH*@d, I just think you read alot more into
what I posted. All I asked for was advice on how to win my case, not someones opinion on how to raise my dogs.

But, thanks for the interest, and I'm sure you're a nice person.

Love,

Richard :)

Fellow "animal" lover

I love animals and they love me, but I would not put up with a dog that was barking excessively either. Not my own and certainly not someone elses. Yes they are dogs and they will bark. I'm talking about barking that goes on through the night or for long periods of time. Being a animal owner since I can remember, usually the dogs that bark excessively (out of control)are being neglected in some way or have not been properly disciplined. I am not saying this applies to you, I do not know about you or your dog, that has just been my experience.

I've got yo back Enasni....just kidding. :)

-THE SIN MAN :cool:

A

absconder

If your dog barks and offends your neighbors its a nuicanse. NO EXCUSES. {SPELL CHICK}

ENASNI

My Roomie's Doberman, sweet thing that he is, has to wear a bark collar when he is outside. He is just one year this month and wants my dog who is 4 and her other two dogs (11 and 12 years old) to play ALL THE TIME. So barks to get their attention... Drives us and the neighbors crazy!

I am hoping he will learn quickly because I hate for her to have to do this to him, but it must be done. Plus now he acts like Harpo Marx to get our attention...which is pretty funny but its weird to see a doberman do hand signals (paw signals I guess...) :D

And to Richard... already have two cats in the house... so thanks for that comment. :rolleyes:

Later SinMan ;)

Happy Trails

Don't take this the wrong way, just making an observation.

Richard W said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

I am going to court today to fight a Barking Dog ticket I received. I do not believe it was my dog. The officer noted three different times they heard the dog barking, once for six minutes, once for five minutes and one for thirty minutes, each a different day. My back yard backs up to FOUR other backyards (each have dogs). How do they know which dog is barking? WHat is considered a nuisance or excessive?

Any help on how to defend myself would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard
You know your post did have a couple of other questions and misinformation.
We can only go by what people post.

So, how did you get it dismissed? What were they wrong about?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">