• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

career ending clearance issue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikekam9280

What is the name of your state? VA

Before most of you get to the end of this you are going to want to roll your eyes and X out of it but please resond with any advice, it will be appreciated. I have had a TS SCI clearance since 1998, in 2003 I applied for a higher clearance due to a new contractor position I was hired for with the CIA. I worked for the agency for almost 8 months, even deploying overseas when I was called back because of a security problem. Here it is. During my polygraph I admitted to using ecstasy approximately 5 times from 1999 to 2001, (i was between the ages of 19 and 21), while I had a TS SCI clearance, I also falsified my SF-86 not showing these uses but came clean about 2 months after submitting the SF-86 (which was during my poly)only after I was told I failed my poly. I have requested a review of the decision based on written record in lieu of a personal appearance. Along with the letter wrote I included 3 very good letters of recommendation along with some certificates of commendation. I stressed that these were mistakes of my youth and that they were also abberational events. I also mentioned that I did tell my supervisors about the reason my clearance was revoked as a sign that I am generally honest. Am I dead in the water with this one?

pb1963

Questions?????

mikekam9280 said:
What is the name of your state? VA

Before most of you get to the end of this you are going to want to roll your eyes and X out of it but please resond with any advice, it will be appreciated. I have had a TS SCI clearance since 1998, in 2003 I applied for a higher clearance due to a new contractor position I was hired for with the CIA. I worked for the agency for almost 8 months, even deploying overseas when I was called back because of a security problem. Here it is. During my polygraph I admitted to using ecstasy approximately 5 times from 1999 to 2001, (i was between the ages of 19 and 21), while I had a TS SCI clearance, I also falsified my SF-86 not showing these uses but came clean about 2 months after submitting the SF-86 (which was during my poly)only after I was told I failed my poly. I have requested a review of the decision based on written record in lieu of a personal appearance. Along with the letter wrote I included 3 very good letters of recommendation along with some certificates of commendation. I stressed that these were mistakes of my youth and that they were also abberational events. I also mentioned that I did tell my supervisors about the reason my clearance was revoked as a sign that I am generally honest. Am I dead in the water with this one?

How old are you now? Have you lost your clearance? What was the reason you failed your poly?

mikekam9280

anwers to questions

im 24 now, ill probably be 25 when the powers that be actually conduct the first review, my clearance has been revoked, and i failed the poly because i attempted to lie to the polygrapher when he asked about my drug use. I eventually told the truth after he told me i was busted.

pb1963

More Questions and Clarification

How did you fail the poly? Were you given anything in writing regarding the poly?

What were the steps taken to revoke your clearance?

Are you still working?

I must make the obvious comment...what were you thinking?

It's not so much what you did, but admitting it now!!!!! I am going to do some reasearch on your dilemma and I will get back to you tomorrow.

csporluck

It's a matter of "trust" why you might not get the SCI w/ Poly. Why? because you outright lied when you held a TS. Think of it from their perspective. Why would they grant you access to highly classified data if you can even be honest when it comes to using x?

mikekam9280

response

The polygrapher verbally told me that I was having a reaction to certain questions. I knew immediately and fessed up.

Steps taken to remove clearance? Well I was in Pakistan when the boss out there got an email saying I needed to return home immediately because of a clearance issue. I went home and was told my clearance was being revoked. And I got my SOR and responded to it. I moved from the DC area to Columbus Oh to go to school awaiting the outcome.

What was I thinking? Who knows, I got nervous and screwed up.

Im hoping the passage of time will help this issue, the drug use was now between 3 and 6 years ago, and the falsification issues are about 2 years old. Like I said the letters sent by my peers and supervisors speak very highly of me stating my general reputation for honesty. I know miracles do happen but Im not sure about this one. Thanks again for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">