• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do I find out if I have a warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NM7743

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I have a fear of the police. I have this irrational fear that I have a warrant out for my arrest. I havent done anything that I think I might. I just would like to know. I have to go and get my drivers license (it was suspended a few years ago for no insurance, i never got it taken care of. I am close enough to walk to work, so never bothered)

Also, when I went to apply for my job back in July. They did do a background check on me. Would it show up on there?

Thank you!

S

seniorjudge

NM7743 said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

I have a fear of the police. I have this irrational fear that I have a warrant out for my arrest. I havent done anything that I think I might. I just would like to know. I have to go and get my drivers license (it was suspended a few years ago for no insurance, i never got it taken care of. I am close enough to walk to work, so never bothered)

Also, when I went to apply for my job back in July. They did do a background check on me. Would it show up on there?

Thank you!
Q: Would it show up on there?

A: Maybe, maybe not.

Two ways to find out if you have a warrant, contact a lawyer, which would cost alot of money, or go to the police and have them run a check. Sorry but this is the sure way to find out. Hope things work out for you.

My thought on this is you said that "it was suspended a few years ago for no insurance, i never got it taken care of." If you were prosecuted and found guilty and were ordered to pay fines, serve time and/or do community service and/or probation...then yes, there could be a warrant or two out for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">