• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misdemeanor DUI 9 months ago - TS/SCI possible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgilly

What is the name of your state? VA

I was arrested for a misdemeanor DUI in CA in July 2004, and am still going through the process of attending the requisite classes, AA, etc. I also have a misdemeanor 'speed contest' (street racing) charge from 2001 on my record. I have just applied for a TS/SCI clearance (I currently have no clearance), for my existing job at a govt contractor. Considering the fact that the DUI was so recent and I haven't completed the classes yet, does that sound like an immediate denial situation? I've heard that if denied once for a clearance, you can never get a clearance for the rest of your life, is that true? I can only hope that the security officer believes me when I tell him/her that I've changed my ways since the DUI, and I do not drink and drive anymore, ever. But given my age (24) and the recent charge, I have doubts that I'll be taken seriously. Any advice or info is much appreciated.

mikekam9280

youre ok

as long as your honest dont worry about it. I got a DUI 3 months before applying for a clearance and it had no bearing on my outcome..JUST DONT TRY TO HIDE IT, i learned this the hard way and it isnt good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">