• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quitclaim Deed or Not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

millenniumgirl

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hi, a couple of months ago my mother conveyed her house unto my three sisters and me via a Gift Deed (Special Warranty). However, now I want to convey my ownership interest unto my three sisters. Should this be done via a Quitclaim Deed or which Deed is the appropriate one? Also, do the Grantee have to sign the document or only the Grantor?

Thank you,

milly

S

seniorjudge

millenniumgirl said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

Hi, a couple of months ago my mother conveyed her house unto my three sisters and me via a Gift Deed (Special Warranty). However, now I want to convey my ownership interest unto my three sisters. Should this be done via a Quitclaim Deed or which Deed is the appropriate one? Also, do the Grantee have to sign the document or only the Grantor?

Thank you,

milly
Milly, you should use the deed recommended by the real estate attorney you hire to draw up this deed.

In some jurisdictions (Saint Louis City is one) the grantee is required to sign the deed. The rationalization is that most people would rather not own any land in Saint Louis City so they don't want to be tricked into getting land.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">