• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help mother leaving state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sparkett6419

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Texas
I'm writing for my son he has 4yr.old with ex-girlfriend. I got papers off this site for visitation and support which they both signed and had notarized but didn't know how to file in court. Anyway mom has lived here 3yrs. after coming from California she ran off once before but has now been resident for 3 yrs. my son pays her support by check with receipt she swore she would never run out of state again and in papers it states she can't live more than 50 miles away and with written notice. Would a court or judge honor these papers even if not filed? If not can he still file them? how does he do it our courthouse said I would have to hire attorney to file before is this true? He is very concerned as I also am we have been her support and she last was with ex convicted felon who she has 2mth old with. We haven't been able to find her but think she went to california Please help us by letting us know if he still has same rights as on paper and how to proceed. Thank you

LdiJ

sparkett6419 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Texas
I'm writing for my son he has 4yr.old with ex-girlfriend. I got papers off this site for visitation and support which they both signed and had notarized but didn't know how to file in court. Anyway mom has lived here 3yrs. after coming from California she ran off once before but has now been resident for 3 yrs. my son pays her support by check with receipt she swore she would never run out of state again and in papers it states she can't live more than 50 miles away and with written notice. Would a court or judge honor these papers even if not filed? If not can he still file them? how does he do it our courthouse said I would have to hire attorney to file before is this true? He is very concerned as I also am we have been her support and she last was with ex convicted felon who she has 2mth old with. We haven't been able to find her but think she went to california Please help us by letting us know if he still has same rights as on paper and how to proceed. Thank you
It would really be in your son's best interest to get an attorney to get the paperwork filed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">