• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was this a Violation of my HipAA rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TsohGeulB

My sate is Indiana.

I had an entry on my Credit report stating I owe a amount to a Hospital I routinely use.

When I questioned the Collections agenciy about this, they sent me a letter telling me my actual balance was $0.00 because my Insurrance paid for this in full, and sent along a "COPY" of the full medical invoice showing all work procedures that were done by this Hospital in regards to this "servcie".

I then called them back asking if they were a billing service and/or doctors etc..as the go by the name of "Mutual Hospital Services" of which they replied they were not.

This concerns me VERY much as to what/who and why this business has copies of my Medical Invlices.

Jerry

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">