• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJ Extradiction Procedure from IL Then From NJ to PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1sadgirl

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?My husband was arrested on March 21, 2005 and plead guilty to a Felony 2 Posession of marijuana charge in Collinsville, Illinois.

About 7 years ago he and about 5 others were in our car along with our son who was about 2. My husband was passed out drunk in the passenger seat while someone else was driving and the driver supposedly went through a stop sign. There were different kinds of drugs and paraphanalia in the vehicle. My husband had a little bit of pot and a pipe in his pocket.

According to NJ when there are drugs in the car everyone is charged with everything. My husband was later charged with child endangerment when he refused to change our son's diaper with one hand cuffed to the chair at the Police Station. He was given a bail of $2500 and a court date.

Now he was already on probation in Philly, PA for VUFA and child endangerment for leaving our son outside of a bar about a year before that. Once he got in trouble in NJ he jumped bail and stopped seeing his PO.

He hasn't been in trouble until now and New Jersey wanted Illinois to hold him for a bench warrant from almost 7 years ago.

NJ finally started the transport on April 9th. On or about the 11th my husband had someone call me collect to tell me that he was in Christian County, Kentucky. On the 14th I called Christian County Jail to see if he was still there and I was told that he was then I was asked how I even found out. I told her that my husband had someone call me collect and tell me. Little did I know that I am not suppose to know anything at all.

I was told that he can't write or receive mail. He can't make any phone calls. I can't be informed when he leaves and where he's going. I was also told that NJ has 180 days to get them once in transport.

Is this true???? :confused: :(

Is NJ going to set a bail for him and if so about how much for jumping bail once already.

What's going to happen in NJ with Philly, PA?? Is Philly going to have hime go through the same thing and then have him sit til he goes in front of his back judge???

Is he most likely going to have to do some time with all the BS that he's wrapped up in now?

I appreciate any replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">