• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to use my RV

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pfrendahl

What is the name of your state? Florida

I recently purchased an RV an built a slab to place it on my lot next to the house. We had some run ins with the HOA due to a deed restriction requiring an enclosure. After resolviing some major damage to my property from the recent hurricanes (I removed the RV during this work), I complied with the HOA and constructed an approved enclosure.

Apparently one or more of my neighbors was (and still is) distressed at the fact that I have placed this RV on my lot. My next door neighbor has constructed a small fence-like structure in an attempt to restrict my ability to drive on or have a portion of my RV go over his property. Since the RV is over 28 feet long and turning it requires that the rear end sometimes would go over an area that the wheels may not (I hope that is understandable), I may hit his fence-like structure when moving the RV for use.

Do I have any legal right to ask him or the HOA to remove this structure?

There are other details about our disputes that have to do with our dog going to the bathroom on their lawn, their dogs incessantly barking, my bird (who can be quite annoying), and their cat (who is a wimp) and our cat (even though he is fixed) who likes to beat up their cat. Needless to say, we wish they would go back to wherever they came from.

PghREA

pfrendahl said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I recently purchased an RV an built a slab to place it on my lot next to the house. We had some run ins with the HOA due to a deed restriction requiring an enclosure. After resolviing some major damage to my property from the recent hurricanes (I removed the RV during this work), I complied with the HOA and constructed an approved enclosure.

Apparently one or more of my neighbors was (and still is) distressed at the fact that I have placed this RV on my lot. My next door neighbor has constructed a small fence-like structure in an attempt to restrict my ability to drive on or have a portion of my RV go over his property. Since the RV is over 28 feet long and turning it requires that the rear end sometimes would go over an area that the wheels may not (I hope that is understandable), I may hit his fence-like structure when moving the RV for use.

Do I have any legal right to ask him or the HOA to remove this structure?

There are other details about our disputes that have to do with our dog going to the bathroom on their lawn, their dogs incessantly barking, my bird (who can be quite annoying), and their cat (who is a wimp) and our cat (even though he is fixed) who likes to beat up their cat. Needless to say, we wish they would go back to wherever they came from.
From your post, it looks like the neighbors have more complaints on you then you have on them. As long as the fence is on their property and the HOA allows fences, then you can't expect the neighbors to remove it. If your relationship with the neighbors were better, they might remove it so you could get the RV out - but, in your case, I doubt it.

Shel77

Sounds like they probley wish you would go back to wherever you came from, and take your RV with you. The reply is correct if the HOA allows fences and he wants one on HIS property he has every right to do so, and the fact that you can't use the RV without tresspassing on his land might be the reason he put it there, or maybe it is one of the many other things you listed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">