• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Technacility (sp?)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ginger0123

What is the name of your state? Kansas

I have a question about my brother. My brother was sentenced to 20 years in prison for aggravated kidnapping. They gave him the charge for pulling his live-in girlfriend's hair.

My brother's journal entry says under the counts dismissed is the aggravated kidnapping. Is there anyway we can take that and get him out? If my brother had been a bad person I wouldn't want him out but he has done nothing bad enough to be taken away from his family and 4 year old son for 20 years.

Thanks,
Ginger0123 :)

S

seniorjudge

ginger0123 said:
What is the name of your state? Kansas

I have a question about my brother. My brother was sentenced to 20 years in prison for aggravated kidnapping. They gave him the charge for pulling his live-in girlfriend's hair.

My brother's journal entry says under the counts dismissed is the aggravated kidnapping. Is there anyway we can take that and get him out? If my brother had been a bad person I wouldn't want him out but he has done nothing bad enough to be taken away from his family and 4 year old son for 20 years.

Thanks,
Ginger0123 :)
The only way to attack this conviction is directly, through an appeal. If it has been appealed and your brother lost, then it's over with.

Bravo8

How does one get charged with Aggravated Kidnapping for pulling someone's hair? I mean, people tell some tall tales on this site, but man! That one takes the cake.

fedcop110

Well you see, in Kansas, they are far behind the rest of the world. They don't have Domestic Violence laws. They just convict on whatever statute would be close in the law books. :)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

20 years for pulling someone's hair? Yeah, that's sounds about right. You should see the sentence you'd get if you puncture someone's trailer tires - - lethal injection!!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">