• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Whats the difference between a federal statute and a state statute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mgomez41

What is the name of your state?Arizona

JUst like the title says i wanted to know what the difference between a state statute and a federal statute basically whats the difference between federal law and state law

how do they differ is there like a state law for domestic violence and a federal law for domestic violence or are major laws like murder etc just resreved for federal law

thnax in advance

Bravo8

I'll field this one.

Federal statutes are enacted by our Federal legislature, State statutes are enacted by each state's respective legislature. :p

BelizeBreeze

Bravo8 said:
I'll field this one.

Federal statutes are enacted by our Federal legislature, State statutes are enacted by each state's respective legislature. :p
Someone is having a very boring evening :D

mgomez41

BelizeBreeze said:
YOur question is far too broad for an internet forum. If you have a specific question then ask it.
nice euphamism for ur stupidity

well thanx guys for the smart ass comments i expected it but anyways ill be more specific

for example in my state u can only have a jury trial for the following
· DUI
· Prostitution
· Leaving the scene of an accident
· Indecency
· Theft
· Shoplifting
· Driving on a Suspended License (if suspended because of DUI)
· Unlawful possession of marijuana

now i wanted to know if a federal law existed saying that i can have the right to a jury trial in an assault case or domestic type case

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">