• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

beebe shot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leadsleeve

What is the name of your state? CT. A neighbors son has shot the front of my home at least six times that we can see with a beebe gun .the parent has agreed to fix the damage which is several to more sections of vinyl siding .The problem is the new pieces of vinyl siding do not match and will stick out lik a sore thumb as the existing is 18 yrs old but in good condition otherwise. Professional siders have suggested to take pieces from the back of the house but agree those do not match either.my question is the parent liable to replace my whole house vinyl siding .Replacing just the front was also dismissed by the professionals too because the rest of the house would not match the front.

claimlaw

The full scope of the damage is the replacement of the siding on that side of the house.

If that is what you want you will need to pursue it either through small claims, criminal complaint with restitution, or your own HO coverage which will pay you less deductible and then subrogate against the neighbor. If they subrogate, your insurer should waive the deductible.

Your insurer is responsible for the match.

Claimlaw

claimlaw

Even if your policy states "failure to match".

If you have an ISO policy you are covered.

If you don't, there are a number of reasonable arguments and a small body of case law that support this specific issue.

I would modify my original post only in the following manner;

Do everything in your power to persuade the neighbor to take care of this issue. It would be a shame to have this go on your CLUE report.

Claimlaw

leadsleeve

much thanks

thank you for your help claimlaw. just asking though ,whats an ISO policy and a CLUE report ?thanks again .

claimlaw

What is

I do not know off-hand what the acronym represents. ISO is Insurance Services Organization, a private trade organization that publishes standardized policies for it subscribers. Since most insurers subscribe there is a much larger body of caselaw to assist in the "interpretation" of specific language. A few insurers, generally very large ones, continue to write their own policy language. If you post your policy type and endorsements I can respond more specifically.

CLUE is a similar organization that insurers subscribe to for the purpose of determining the level of risk you might present as an insured. It is the insurer's equivelance of your credit report. However, unlike your dredit report, this is private and [that I am aware of] does not have any Federal rules that address the manner or means of proper collection, dissemination and correction of the report.

This is why, should you read my posts, that I am ultra-conservative on filing claims and ultra-liberal in the application of personal responsibility. I have a $10,000 deductible on my HO policy and reduce auto coverages to Liability only when my automobiles depreciate below the $10,000 mark.

That said, I am not a friend of insurance companies. Unfortunately in the absence of their actions, I would be very poor or very in-debt.

Claimlaw

claimlaw

What is ISO and CLUE?; Should have read

I wrote previously: "I do not know off-hand what the acronym represents".

I must have TABbed or something. This refers to CLUE not ISO.

Claimlaw

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">