• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

broker working for me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bahoo

What is the name of your state? ARIZONA
I feel like the Beverly Hillbilly. I am in Texas. I own land in Arizona that has been passed down through the family. I am represented by an agent that uses a real estate firm to be broker. The agent has has been in real estate for 30 years. Recently I was contacted by a neighboring property's representitive that wanted to know what we planned on doing with our property. What is it for sale? Was is it in escrow? I gave him the name and telephone number of our agent. A couple of weeks later I called the man back and he told me our agent acted like he/she didn't want to co-broker the deal. I told him that if he could not get through to our agent and submit a deal to him/her that he could call me back and we could work on it.
I want to know what are my legal rights talking to this representitve being as how we are under contract with this particular listing agent. At what point if any will I have to notify my agent.
If this offer comes to be a good one, our agent has kept us from it saying noone wants to pay the cash price when all the time it was right next door. Turns out our agent likes to be on the backside of deals (this happened a couple of years ago on similar property)and then resell it as listing agent for our buyer. This is just all the tip of the ice berg and I could write pages but right now I just want to know what my rights are in coming to an agreement with the neighboring property owners without going through my agent. I feel I should have the right to do this as an owner. I havn't mentioned my agent's commission or possible fraud and the realtor's board which is something that I'll have to explore. It's funny how these things happen with a smile and the agents assurance that he/she is just like one of our family.
I recently faxxed four letters to potential buyers that we had property for sale and the very next day our agent was leaving his/her firm to go to another one with the reason being that the firm firm was no longer going to carry the type of commercial insurance adequate for the sale of the land. I know firm still has agents that sell commercial property. Can there be another explanation? Would the old firm like to know about this? If I ask them why the severance was made will they have to tell me? Assentially I am just trying to check out someone's resume. I know, I know I should have had legal rep along time ago and checked my agents resume along time ago. I have a feeling we got this agent back into business after having been out of it for some time. I did not know that at the time. My family thought highly of this person in the 80's and we went with that. Call me naive. Right now I feel our property has not gotten exposure, never been on the open market, and it has never been on MLS. I had put my trust in this person. I know that's more than one question and you don't have to tell me I'm a fool.
Thanks

Last edited:

Some Random Guy

Contact the agent and let him know that you want to break out of your contract early due to their lack of performance - not informing you of offers on your property, not listing it in MLS and not making any attempt to sell it. If he gives you a hassle, report him to the board of realtors.

Depending on the contract wording and on your agreement to cancel, you may still owe him a comission if you still sell to people who have already expressed an interest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">