• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adopting Cousin

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lafaye98rlm

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida
My Mom and Dad have had custody of my cousin since she was born in 1990. The intial agreement with her Mom was that is was temporary and there was a letter typed up between the two of them (my Mom and my cousins Mom) and then notarized by a licensed notary. That was the only thing "legally" done in 15 years...well now all parties want to make it final and completely legal. The question is what is the next step? Is this something that can be handled with an organization like legal aid or is an adoption attorney the best fit for this situation. Please help, any and all responses will be greatly appreciated!
Thank You
Lafaye
Middleburg, Fl
:confused:

nextwife

If both of the bioparents, and the adoption parents are all in agreement, then it should be fairly simple. And attorney should handle it to make certain it is done coorectly and parental rights are terminated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">