• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Barbbed Wire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hsp

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I recently purchased a house that is situated close to the land line on one side. The people living next door put up a 50 foot long single strand of rusty barbbed wire on the land line. It is a hazard to my children who play outside often. The wire serves no purpose except to hurt someone. What legally can I do to get it removed? Are there laws against erecting a hazard?

You Are Guilty

hsp said:

I recently purchased a house that is situated close to the land line on one side. The people living next door put up a 50 foot long single strand of rusty barbbed wire on the land line. It is a hazard to my children who play outside often. The wire serves no purpose except to hurt someone. What legally can I do to get it removed? Are there laws against erecting a hazard?
On whose property is the "fence"? Yours or theirs?

BelizeBreeze

hsp said:

I recently purchased a house that is situated close to the land line on one side. The people living next door put up a 50 foot long single strand of rusty barbbed wire on the land line. It is a hazard to my children who play outside often. The wire serves no purpose except to hurt someone. What legally can I do to get it removed?
Nothing.
hsp said:
Are there laws against erecting a hazard?
Yes, but since it's on HIS land, you can't do a thing except keep your kids away from it.

You Are Guilty

hsp said:
The fence is on his side of the line about 3 feet from my house.
Simple - just put up your own, "regular" fence on your property, in between your house and the barbed wire. Then, no one can get hurt.

ENASNI

You Are Guilty said:
Simple - just put up your own, "regular" fence on your property, in between your house and the barbed wire. Then, no one can get hurt.
I don' think they want the simple answer... they want to SUE!

Really hsp... why did you have to come here to come up with this obvious answer.... not really trying to be rude here... trying to find out how minds in Alabama work... :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">