• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reversing an adoption from when I was a child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tvg

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
Montana

Hello,
I am 32 years old and was adopted by my Mom’s second husband when I was about 11. My biological father died when I was younger and my Mother thought it would be best if my sister and I had a father. Her intentions were good. Unfortunately, my mom’s choice was sort of a “knee-jerk” decision and her marriage only lasted a few years. Sister and I have had no contact with him in about 20 years; as we really didn’t have a relationship developed. To get on with this story, Sister and I returned to our original last name back in the 80's; as we still have certified copies of our original birth certificates and original SS cards. Now, I’m realizing that my identity does not match the vital records department in my county of birth (Cook Co, Chicago). I desire to reverse that adoption if it’s not too difficult and restore my original birth record. How can I go about this?

VeronicaGia

To the best of my knowledge, this is not possible.

You can, however, legally change your name to whatever you want it to be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">