• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help husband went nuts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chressler

I live in Pa. I just got married 4 months ago. I thought everything was going fine...2weeks ago, my husband and I went to look at houses and talked about starting a family real soon. I had to go away to Michigan to help my sister in need and when I got back 5 days later and walked thru the door he told me that he filed for divorce. The credit card that he put it on wasnt approved at the time...so it didnt go through but he plans on filing in the next couple of weeks. He admits that it is all his fault and that he cant love me if he doesnt love himself. He has been on a few types of medication the last few months for his depression and chemical imbalance. Now, he is off of everything. He gave me no warning, currently I am not working and he left me high and dry emotionally and soon to be financially. The house is strictly in his name, and if he sells it real soon...I have no place to go. Is there any change of getting alimony and what are my rights?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You're not going to get alimony after 4 months. You're going to have to get a job and support yourself.

djohnson

How are you any worse off after 4 months than you were before you married? Your not going to get anything out of this. I would go ahead and look for a place now.

VeronicaGia

chressler said:
I live in Pa. I just got married 4 months ago. I thought everything was going fine...2weeks ago, my husband and I went to look at houses and talked about starting a family real soon. I had to go away to Michigan to help my sister in need and when I got back 5 days later and walked thru the door he told me that he filed for divorce. The credit card that he put it on wasnt approved at the time...so it didnt go through but he plans on filing in the next couple of weeks. He admits that it is all his fault and that he cant love me if he doesnt love himself. He has been on a few types of medication the last few months for his depression and chemical imbalance. Now, he is off of everything. He gave me no warning, currently I am not working and he left me high and dry emotionally and soon to be financially. The house is strictly in his name, and if he sells it real soon...I have no place to go. Is there any change of getting alimony and what are my rights?
Consider yourself lucky you were only married for four months and have no kids with this man. You could be in a lot bigger mess than you are now.

Get a job, take care of yourself....

Alimony would only bind you to him longer. It's not worth the legal expense. Move out ASAP, even if it means moving in with family. Get a job, and walk away.

Think of it this way - you might love him, but do you really want to be with someone that doesn't want to be with you? Remember, you deserve better.

ablessin

I agree - - you're better off not to bind youself to him.

get out now - don't let him play any games with your head, either.........

Get a job, become self supporting and he will be sorry he let you go.

Don't look back - get out as soon as you can

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">