• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

spousel support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mr ranchand

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? calif :confused: how can court ordered spousel support be enforced with spouse that is self employed with real estate company and claims to be broke,,,what type of enforcement choices are there ,,i dont want to place lein on house that was purchased ,as it will not be sold,,,therefore i will not collect what avenues do i have ?????

nextwife

Well, honestly, I'm second generation in the RE business, and the majority of activity closes (at least in this market) between the end of April and the end of June. The volume of closings is several times that during those months, compared to later in the year. So, MANY brokers are a bit short when the spring market kicks in. It is very possible he could "make up" what he is short with three months of closings. I always "made my year", in other words, closed the MAJORITY of my annual earnings, during those three months. I weas working all year, but one doesn't actually get a check until the transaction closes. It is very possible he simply has deals in the hopper that are due to close soon. You are on the cusp of the spring market.

The problem is that, RE agents continue to put out money to market themselves and properties all year long in order to generate the revenue they generate for the year. So they keep paying to run ads when the closings are few and far between in the often slow winter market. And if they fail to do that marketing, they don't "plant the seeds" necessary to generate sales and listing when the market DOES kick into gear. It is reality that MANY households just do not wish to move during the school year.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">