• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement removel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skinneen

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

There is an sewer easement that runs through my property. The sewer line was abandened by the town years ago. I would now like to build over the area that has the easement. My understanding is that I need to get some form or paperwork to the town selectmen to approve?

Do you know what kind of paperwork or deed work is needed to get this removed?

divgradcurl

skinneen said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

There is an sewer easement that runs through my property. The sewer line was abandened by the town years ago. I would now like to build over the area that has the easement. My understanding is that I need to get some form or paperwork to the town selectmen to approve?

Do you know what kind of paperwork or deed work is needed to get this removed?
Your town clerk would be the most qualified person to answer this question.

nextwife

Yes, utilities can and do "abandon" easements they no longer need. You would need to get a document recorded should the easement beneficiary agree..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">