• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I entitled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whodathought

What is the name of your state?:confused: What is the name of your state?PA
I previously posted in the "divorce" forum. Perhaps I was in the wrong area?
Been married 19 years, three children 20,17,15. Stayed at home w/kids while husband went back to school, etc. He now has a great job. Travels (gone about 7-8 months/yr. Sends home the pay. He now states he's changed, grown, and I've remained the same since High School. He is mentally abusive, when he is home. Doesn't show interest in "family life". But he doesn't say he wants divorce. He "doesn't know what he wants" I believe the job has taken it's toll on our marriage. Don't know if he's cheating but does have a strong "emotional" bond w/female coworker. Stated she's intelligent,funny,nice friend to have around due to him working with so many "incompetents". I need to prepare myself, however; he doesn't deny me or kids money.
Question:
Would he have to pay alimony/child support until I finished college/got degree/job?
Can I stay in house? It's in his name, but bought 8 yrs ago.
He makes 6-8K a month. 401k, no medical.
What are the chances he'd have to pay mtg,car pmt until I got work?
I'm really feeling desperate this has been going on 3 yrs and I'm turning into someone I don't want to be. He wont go to counseling.

Please any suggestions,
Thanx

LdiJ

whodathought said:
What is the name of your state?:confused: What is the name of your state?PA
I previously posted in the "divorce" forum. Perhaps I was in the wrong area?
Been married 19 years, three children 20,17,15. Stayed at home w/kids while husband went back to school, etc. He now has a great job. Travels (gone about 7-8 months/yr. Sends home the pay. He now states he's changed, grown, and I've remained the same since High School. He is mentally abusive, when he is home. Doesn't show interest in "family life". But he doesn't say he wants divorce. He "doesn't know what he wants" I believe the job has taken it's toll on our marriage. Don't know if he's cheating but does have a strong "emotional" bond w/female coworker. Stated she's intelligent,funny,nice friend to have around due to him working with so many "incompetents". I need to prepare myself, however; he doesn't deny me or kids money.
Question:
Would he have to pay alimony/child support until I finished college/got degree/job?
Can I stay in house? It's in his name, but bought 8 yrs ago.
He makes 6-8K a month. 401k, no medical.
What are the chances he'd have to pay mtg,car pmt until I got work?
I'm really feeling desperate this has been going on 3 yrs and I'm turning into someone I don't want to be. He wont go to counseling.

Please any suggestions,
Thanx
You absolutely, most definitely need to consult with a local attorney. An internet message board is not the place where you should be looking for advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">