• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any Advice please!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DalemanFL

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

I need some advice on these neighbors. I live in Florida. Born and raised. I have NEVER seen this type of behavior. I have been in my current house for just under a year. From the time I moved in my family, (my wire and 5 YO son) have been harrassed. The harrassment is in the form of loud music, yelling, and rude comments. I'm an adult, I have take name calling, doesn't bother me.

I have a family next to me that has a two bedroom home and 6 to 8 people living in it. 3 adults 5 children from 2 to 11 YOA. Here is the insane part! The children have no concept to other people's property. And I believe the parents share that. Over the last year the children just walk in my house and take food or play with my son's toys. In recent events the 2 year old girl walked into my home, then into the bathroom and urinated all over the floor and then left. We spoke to the mother about this calmly but received the classic "F-You" and "I'm the problem". A few days ago we came home from work and found the same 2 year old in our house!!!! She climbed in through a dog door!!!! NO ONE WATCHING HER!!!! We have had enough! We called Floirda's Children and Family Services and filed a complaint. They came out and left. NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!!!! Now, the neighbors are outside yelling and turning up the music! Having a party!!! I guess everything you see in the news about how SCREWED UP Floirda is really true! :eek:

Is there any advice?????

nextwife

OMG!!!! I have never encountered such behavior with aneighbor, I'd be clueless. Latch the pet door, lock the doors (use a combo lock your kid can learn), get a fence and latch it, and call in every loud music event to the police. Just stay away from these looney toon loosers.

DalemanFL

We've done it all! Locked the fence, etc. These people just don't care. We need a media avenue to expose these clueless people and may be that may work. I am thinking of creating a web site so people can watch the crazy stuff that going on!

what a pain

I totally sympathize.

Don't know if this will help, but have you tried calling the police every time the 2 year old ends up in your house or wandering around your yard unattended? Let them take the child back home two or three times and they make get sick of it enough to do something about it.

Shel77

yep when you find the toddler in your home call the police saying you don't know where she lives and they will have to find her home and if it happens a few times the police might call dcf. I would also contunie calling dcf just put it on you daily to-do-list eventually something will get done. Besides in FL and I am assuming in most citys 2 bedrooms = 4 people not 8 so they should do something for that reason alone also this is a huge neglect situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">