• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kingfisher

What is the name of your state? Alaska - I have owned a piece of property next to a borough lot for twenty-five years. During this time, I have used the adjacent borough lot to erect a semi-temporary fish cleaning stand, have "fire pit" surrounded by scrap construction materials and have placed two foot bridges across a small creek that passes through the land for access to the borough lot and fishing thereon.

In addition, I have constructed a "guest cabin" (16' X 10') on my lot which has been in position for some 5 - 7 years.

I have recently been told by the borough that they want all my things (bridges, fire pit, and fish cleaning stand) removed from their property and they also want me to move my guest cabin which is 1.8 feet onto their lot.

The 1.8 feet of guest cabin is not on usable land for the borough since there is a creek running through the area and it is too close for there to be anything done with the land. The fish cleaning stand, fire pit and bridges pose no problem of any kind for the borough and the land is not usable for anyone but myself since it is a "wetlands" area.

Do I not have any long term rights for use of this area?? Is there any permits that I can obtain on a "grandfathered" rights basis??

Shel77

So you want to know if you have a right to continue to trespass on their land? Who owns this "wetlands area" is it the state or an individual? If it is owned by someone and they want you to get off their land they have every right to make you do just that you don't own it if you want to see if they could sell it to you since you obviously have enjoyed using it you might ask.

However, not only do you need to remove your belongings but you may very well have to remove the 1 foot 8 inches of your cabin. Regardless if this land is useable or not it still does not belong to you.

BelizeBreeze

BAsically you are wrong. It is NOT public land. It belongs to the Kenai Penninsula Borough and, as such, because it is owned by a civil authority, adverse possession cannot legall be accomplished.

Move your crap or face fines and having it moved for you.

S

seniorjudge

kingfisher said:
What is the name of your state? Alaska - I have owned a piece of property next to a borough lot for twenty-five years. During this time, I have used the adjacent borough lot to erect a semi-temporary fish cleaning stand, have "fire pit" surrounded by scrap construction materials and have placed two foot bridges across a small creek that passes through the land for access to the borough lot and fishing thereon.

In addition, I have constructed a "guest cabin" (16' X 10') on my lot which has been in position for some 5 - 7 years.

I have recently been told by the borough that they want all my things (bridges, fire pit, and fish cleaning stand) removed from their property and they also want me to move my guest cabin which is 1.8 feet onto their lot.

The 1.8 feet of guest cabin is not on usable land for the borough since there is a creek running through the area and it is too close for there to be anything done with the land. The fish cleaning stand, fire pit and bridges pose no problem of any kind for the borough and the land is not usable for anyone but myself since it is a "wetlands" area.

Do I not have any long term rights for use of this area?? Is there any permits that I can obtain on a "grandfathered" rights basis??
Q: Do I not have any long term rights for use of this area??

A: No, you are a trespasser and can be arrested for that crime.

Q: Is there any permits that I can obtain on a "grandfathered" rights basis??

A: Permits for trespassing are not issued.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">