• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

another fallen tree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jo1305

Minnesota. I purchased a small camping lot several years ago. The lot was full of large jackpine trees and the association recommended removing the trees prior to occupation because of the danger and problems they have had with these types of trees falling. I proceeded to have them removed professionally.
However, my neighbor when he clearded his lot removed all the large jackpines but one. The one remaining had a split approximately 30'up with two pieces continuing for another 30+'.. I mentioned to the neighbor that the remaining tree was a danger for both of us and should be removed, he did not do this. Late last year 1/2 the tree fell on my camper doing quite a bit of damage, I called the county to find the owners name address etc. and to my surprise the owner was not the occupant, the owner was allowing his brother-inlaw to use the property and he was the one I discussed the problem with. The owner refused to call his insurance company and i had no collision etc on the camper.
Is this worth taking to small claims court? The damage was 5,000.00+.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">