• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jusme

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Virginia

I am starting a new thread on the advice of Home Guru.

A brief summary of the situation: Neighbors tree roots are at the foundation of my house. Had gotten 2 aborist reports saying that the tree should be removed and stump ground up. My lawyer says to wait for any damage to my house and then sue them. He would not entertain the idea of taking it to court under a nusiance suit.

The owners of the house have now (as of 4-19-05) put the house up for sale. I called the agent the same day and asked if he wanted any information I had about problems.He did say he wanted to know,so I told him the story. He said he would have to talk to his broker to see if this information would come under disclosure and he would call me back. I did mention lawsuit if damage was done.(maybe I should not have told him this, but this is where it will go.)

I have not heard from this agent as of yet and I called him back twice and left message for him to call and no calls.

My questions are: 1. Would the information I gave him
about my house come under
disclosure for selling house
next door?

2. Can I be sued for tampering with
the sale of the house by sellers?

Thank you,
jusme

S

seniorjudge

jusme said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Virginia

I am starting a new thread on the advice of Home Guru.

A brief summary of the situation: Neighbors tree roots are at the foundation of my house. Had gotten 2 aborist reports saying that the tree should be removed and stump ground up. My lawyer says to wait for any damage to my house and then sue them. He would not entertain the idea of taking it to court under a nusiance suit.

The owners of the house have now (as of 4-19-05) put the house up for sale. I called the agent the same day and asked if he wanted any information I had about problems.He did say he wanted to know,so I told him the story. He said he would have to talk to his broker to see if this information would come under disclosure and he would call me back. I did mention lawsuit if damage was done.(maybe I should not have told him this, but this is where it will go.)

I have not heard from this agent as of yet and I called him back twice and left message for him to call and no calls.

My questions are: 1. Would the information I gave him
about my house come under
disclosure for selling house
next door?

2. Can I be sued for tampering with
the sale of the house by sellers?

Thank you,
jusme

Put a sign in your yard that says: ASK ME ABOUT TREE PROBLEMS BEFORE YOU MAKE AN OFFER ON THE HOUSE AT [ADDRESS].

That should solve the whole problem.

Make sure it is a huge green sign with orange flourescent letters.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">