• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bamboo Damages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fredaami

What is the name of your state? Florida: Neighbor recently removed bamboo she planted 8-9 years ago separating our two properties. However, the roots have grown everywhere and the bamboo is now growing everywhere in my yard - throughout my lawn and in my newly seeded lawn on the far side of my house. It is coming up in my flowerbeds, under my house (crawlspace where the electrical wires and pvc plumbing runs), all around and inside my air conditioning unit, under my concrete patio/screened porch, shallow-well pump, etc. The city recently came into her back yard where she also planted bamboo, ripped it out and had to repair the main neighborhood sewer line. My sewer line runs under my house where the roots are now growing. What is her responsibility should I incur damages (my yard is already a mess)? Do I have recourse if damages occur? Should I take pictures of the growing bamboo? Thanks!Bamboo

rmet4nzkx

When bamboo is improperly harvested or disturbed, it stimulates growth. There are several methods by which to kill it and or contain it, cutting it down is not one of them.

bamboo

That stuff is nasty. A previous owner of our house planted some in a contained area, well, contained on our side. It invaded the property behind us, and we got a letter from their lawyer. Our homeowners insurance company paid for the damages as well as a barrier on their side. Maybe their insurance company will do the same for you.

nextwife

In certain zones, bamboo can be "invasive". It is recommended in those zones that it be planted with a metal barrier, such as a large metal pot with the bottom cut out, buried around it. GardenWeb.com has lots of forums that can provide info about bamboo. I'm in the north, zone 5a, and I'd only grow it in pots, as I do any potentially invasive plant.

Trumpet vines (or maybe honeysuckle vines) have the same prroblem of popping up all over the place, yards from where it was growing.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">