• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retaining Wall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pawh

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

There is a retaining wall (app. 6-7') high on the property adjoining the back of my property. I have verified on my survey that the wall is on the adjoining property. The wall is showing signs of age and the owner is discussing taking it down. He does not dispute that the wall is on his property, however he feels that since it it his property he can take it down with no repurcussions. If he removes it and does not rebuild, my yard will fall (sinK down the 6-7'). The properties are approximately 80 years old. and my feeling is that whenever his property was built on, to have a level yard, it was dug out and the retaining wall was put up. Whose responsibility would it be to repair the wall? This same situation occurs with approximately 7-8 adjoining properties.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">