• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

house im buying in bankruptcy court, help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

twistedg2

What is the name of your state? tn
ok, i seriously need the law laid down here. a year ago i signed a contract to purchase a home. a lease option deal. months later i stated receiving letters from the court from people who had lived here before, they were filing bankruptcy and had the house on it. i assumed the person i was buying the house from would get in taken care of. i guess she had worked out a deal with those other people to buy the house. so we are suppose to close on the house next friday. then yesterday i get a letter in the mail saying the courts were auctioning off this house may 13th!!!! so the person im buying the house from says they are wrong. and to buy the house and everything will be fine. other people are saying that once the bankruptcy court gets ahold of the house that it doesnt matter what anyone else does. so my question is...i want out of this house. i have already put 5000 dollars down on it to this woman. in my contract i cant get the money back if i just walk away. but by law can i demand my money back. she says things will be fixed. but i dont want to buy the house then someone come knock on my door may 13th and tell me they just bought it and leave. so do i have to sit here and wait until may 13th and then be kicked out on the street with my kids. or can i legally say, this isnt what i signed up for, i want my money so i can get a different house. someone please help!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">