• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help...verbal Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

netfootin

:eek: HELP...VERBAL AGREEMENT I live in Arizona, Pinal County. I have just closed on a home and I payed full price because the seller told me that the acre of land next to her home that she once owned, was going to be sold back to the new owner (at least half).

I met with the neighbor and he also stated that he was willing to sell half of the property back since he only bought it because he did not want anybody building next to his house. My real estate agent was present and the seller real estateagent reiterate the fact that that deal was in fact a big plus and an incentive to buy the house.

Well....the neighbor does not want to sell half of the land now that we bought the home. I believe it was a farse but I am out 419K and I am very vulnerable to my neighbor if he decide to build a 6' tall wall. I will lose all the view and the value of my home will be down the drain. Is there anything I can do to enforce this verbal contract?

Thanks
T

divgradcurl

netfootin said:
:eek: HELP...VERBAL AGREEMENT I live in Arizona, Pinal County. I have just closed on a home and I payed full price because the seller told me that the acre of land next to her home that she once owned, was going to be sold back to the new owner (at least half).

I met with the neighbor and he also stated that he was willing to sell half of the property back since he only bought it because he did not want anybody building next to his house. My real estate agent was present and the seller real estateagent reiterate the fact that that deal was in fact a big plus and an incentive to buy the house.

Well....the neighbor does not want to sell half of the land now that we bought the home. I believe it was a farse but I am out 419K and I am very vulnerable to my neighbor if he decide to build a 6' tall wall. I will lose all the view and the value of my home will be down the drain. Is there anything I can do to enforce this verbal contract?

Thanks
T

No, contracts for the purchase or sale of real property MUST be in writing to be enforceable. You should have gotten something in writing.

S

seniorjudge

netfootin said:

Thanks
T

Q: Is there anything I can do to enforce this verbal contract?

A: No.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">