• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Can My Friend Continue Payments ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MSBUTTERCUP66

What is the name of your state?VA
HI, MY SITUATION IS, I HELPED A FRIEND I BOUGHT A HOME IN MY NAME BUT IT WAS FOR MY FRIEND AND HER CHILDREN, MY CONCERN IS WHAT CAN I DO TO PREVENT A PROBLEM IF I DIE. MY FRIEND IS PAYING THE MORTGAGE. BILLS AND REPAIRS FOR THIS HOUSE IS THERE ANYWAY SHE CAN STILL PAY ONCE I AM DECEASED, I HEARD BY PUTTING HER AS A BENEFICIARY ON THE DEED OF TRUST AND PUTTING IT IN MY WILL WILL MAKE IT OK. MY FRIENDS CREDIT IS DAMAGED THIS IS WHY I DID THIS FOR HER. I AM SO VERY CONCERNED SHE IS A VERY GOOD FRIEND TO ME. PLZ HELP ME................

MSBUTTERCUP66

I

itsacatsworld

If you die what are you worried about? I see no children or others just your friends. I would buy a life insurance policy for your friend or mortgage insurance from a MAJOR company .Any time you buy insurance make sure they are rated triple AAA by moodys.

longneck

itsacatsworld said:
If you die what are you worried about? I see no children or others just your friends. I would buy a life insurance policy for your friend or mortgage insurance from a MAJOR company .Any time you buy insurance make sure they are rated triple AAA by moodys.
wow, that was bad adivce, onsidering the original question asked.

MSBUTTERCUP66: go consult with an estate planner to draft a proper will, etc. you're on the right track with setting something up for your friend, but you need experienced advice to make sure it doesn't accidentally become a burden.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">