• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone Company getting free ride?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WilmaD

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
I have a problem. The Phone Company has an underground room on my property, they consistantly block my drive way with their trucks to work in this room. My husband was shown the room and told that every phone in the area is connected using this room. My question: shouldn't we be getting some form of payment for them using our property? Shouldn't they be partially responsible for the property taxes since their property is within ours? What are my rights and whom do I speak with to get this settled?

BelizeBreeze

Check your deed. You'll find an easement on it.

As to them parking on your land, if they are blocking traffic or causing you not to be able to enjoy free access, you can order them to park on the street.

Otherwise, based on your post, there's not much to go on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">