• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit-Claim Deed vs. Deed of Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dltdmd

What is the name of your state? Arizona... My mother is trying to get away with my Commercial Med/Dent complex that I purchased in 1992 from the RTC and Q/C Deeded to her in 1998 when I was practicing medicine out of liability concern... I retired last year and my commercial note came due on my office complex that I have made all of the payments on, pd. all the taxes on, signed all of the leases for tenants as owner/landlord on, since I purchased it... Since the prop was in her name I could not secure new commercial financing and she would not Q/C it back to me... She said that she was going to go ahead and get a new loan for me since my health was so poor... well she did, paid-off my note for $250K and now claims the prop. to be hers..! The prop. has increased in value by 10X and she is trying to rip me off for my equity... This seems like fraud... I doubt if the bank she got the financing through even knows about me... should I call them and tell them what she is trying to do or ??? I was in the hospital for three months last yr., almost died twice while she also stole over $100K out of my bank account..! She said that she was paying all of my bills when in fact she paid not a one, ruined my credit and I am now living on disability... Do I need to file suit..? She is greedy and full of lies..! Please write ASAP to David [email protected]
-----------------------------------------

S

seniorjudge

dltdmd said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona... My mother is trying to get away with my Commercial Med/Dent complex that I purchased in 1992 from the RTC and Q/C Deeded to her in 1998 when I was practicing medicine out of liability concern... I retired last year and my commercial note came due on my office complex that I have made all of the payments on, pd. all the taxes on, signed all of the leases for tenants as owner/landlord on, since I purchased it... Since the prop was in her name I could not secure new commercial financing and she would not Q/C it back to me... She said that she was going to go ahead and get a new loan for me since my health was so poor... well she did, paid-off my note for $250K and now claims the prop. to be hers..! The prop. has increased in value by 10X and she is trying to rip me off for my equity... This seems like fraud... I doubt if the bank she got the financing through even knows about me... should I call them and tell them what she is trying to do or ??? I was in the hospital for three months last yr., almost died twice while she also stole over $100K out of my bank account..! She said that she was paying all of my bills when in fact she paid not a one, ruined my credit and I am now living on disability... Do I need to file suit..? She is greedy and full of lies..! Please write ASAP to David [email protected]
-----------------------------------------

Q/C Deeded to her in 1998

When you deeded the land to her, that means it now belongs to her.

If you are trying to claim some kind of trust agreement, then you need to see a lawyer, but (from your post) it looks like you already gave it to ma.

dltdmd

Q/C Deed vs. Deed of Trust

Thank you for your response... When I Deeded it to her in 98' I had her sign a doc.' that stated that she must Q/C it back to me immed. upon either oral or written request or if not done by 1/1/00 the doc. she signed was to be substituted for a valid Q/C Deed, of course it's form structure was in paragraph form... and not correct. When she pd-off my note the bank released all of their interests and encumbrances to me... not her. Does this mean anything..? What if she Q/C Deeded it to me now even though she has a new Deed of Trust..? Would I needd to pay-off her note at the same time..? Why wouldn't my bank have said something when I Deeded it to her in 98'... because of their interest via my Deed of Trust with them she could not sell it..? On a side note... could she have obtained an equity loan say 2 or 3 yrs. ago when I still had a Deed of Trust..? A Real Estate attorney told me O would likely need to file for a "Quiet Title Action" or eg. "Civil Deed" if she will not Q/C it back to me... does that make sense..? Thank you kindly for your time and excellent feedback..! [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">